Dyslexia Information, Training, Teaching, Assessment Service, Bromley Kent (dittas limited)
About dittas limited and the dittas Dyslexia and Learning Centre
Dyslexia Information, Training, Teaching and Assessment Service (dittas limited) is a consultancy, assessment and tuition service for schools, businesses and individuals based at the Dyslexia Services Learning Centre at Flint Research Institute, Keston.
In addition, it is an OCR Training Centre offering the OCR Level 5 Diploma in Teaching Learners with Specific Learning Difficulty and the L7 Diploma in Assessing Learners with SpLD (Dyslexia).
We also offer accredited course at Level 3 for Teaching Assistants and Parents.
A number of Associates work in partnership with dittas both as tutors, lecturers and assessors.
Sarah Beard, Dyslexia Consultant
DITTAS is owned by Sarah Beard who is a Specialist Teacher, Assessor and Lecturer in Dyslexia. She has extensive experience in teaching and assessing Dyslexic children and adults. She also runs the OCR Level 5 and Level 7 Certificate and Diploma Courses in Teaching and Assessing Students with Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia).
Sarah is happy to offer advice to parents, individuals, teachers and Specialist Teachers as she is passionate about helping the Dyslexic Individual.
Services offered at the dittas Dyslexia and Learning Centre
- 1:1 Specialist Dyslexia tuition for children and adults
- Dyslexia assessments and Disabled Students Assessments
- Dyscalculia assessments
- OCR SpLD Professional Development Courses
- Level 3 Courses for Parents and Teaching Assistants
- CPD Courses
- SEN Consultancy
- Small group tuition (maximum group size 6)
- Summer Schools (see link to left)
- 11+ tuition
- Touch typing Courses
- Small group literacy with Touch Typing
- Working memory training
- Consultancy for parents/employers
- Sale of assessment resources for Professionals
- Sale of resources for parents
See links to the left for information on Dyslexia Teacher Training Courses
Click below for information on dyslexia tuition
Where are we?
The dittas Dyslexia and Learning Centre is based at:
Flint Research Institute
132 Heathfield Road
Office: 01689 862610 (Please call the out of hours number if you can not get us on this number)
Mobile: 07501 459 284
For enquiries about tuition and assessment:
For enquiries about Teacher Training:
Please note that we are a small team and all our staff work part time so it is often quicker to email us in the first instance.
We are happy to accept calls on the mobile number in the evenings and weekends.
How to find us
Follow this link to FLINT research website for directions to the institute
The entrance/reception area to The Flint Research Institute is on the left side of the building. The reception is covered by Flint personnel up until 5.30pm each day (Monday to Friday). Should your lessons/appointments be after this time, or on a Saturday, please ring the doorbell firmly and we will come and open the door and take you to our offices. There is a small seating area at reception, should you wish to wait for your child.
There is a choice of parking at our new centre:
- to the left side of the building, by the entrance to the building (ideally suited if you are just dropping off and not staying), but please ensure you do not block anyone in by parking considerately,
- in the small gravel car park at the front of the building
- the paved area in front of the hedge off the road.
In addition, there is a public car park (on the same side of the road) about 50 yards away, known as the picnic area car park. This however, closes at dusk. Please DO NOT park in the Village Hall car park.